As a general use cushion, the General by EquaPressure™ performs above and beyond other cushions in the market. General Cushion is 1 ¾ inch of patented EquaGel™ with a ¾” trochanter bucket sculpted in for stability and comfort. This is ideal for anyone in need of a low-profile, comfortable cushion.
EquaGel™ is a dry-polymer gel, almost rubbery. It is not a liquid. This gel has unbelievable tensile and compression strength.
- One of its most amazing features is referred to as column buckling. Simply put, each wall of gel is capable of supporting only a marginal load.
- When that threshold is exceeded, the wall buckles under and passes the weight to the surrounding walls for support.
- This “buckling and weight-passing” happens instantly and repeatedly until the maximum surface area of pressing weight is evenly supported by sufficient walls to hold the weight up, regardless of its shape.
- Applied to seat cushions, the pressure points of the ischium and coccyx are allowed to buckle into the cushion without resistance while the buttocks are supported evenly.
- The area’s most likely to develop pressure sores are allowed to float nearly pressure-free within the pad while the client’s weight is distributed evenly across the cushion.