The Protector cushion is 2.5″ of Equagel in a unique two stage construction. The top layer is a thin wall small cell layer with a bottom support layer of larger thicker wall cells. This provides comfort and support at the same time.
EquaGel™ is an amazing space-age dry-polymer gel with unbelievable tensile and compression strength and operates under patented “column buckling” technology. Each wall of gel buckles under and passes weight to the surrounding walls for support.
Applied to seat cushions, the narrow pressure points of the ischium and coccyx are allowed to buckle into the cushion without resistance while the broad areas of the buttocks and legs are supported evenly.
- The areas most likely to develop pressure sores are allowed to float nearly pressure-free within the pad while the user’s weight is distributed evenly across the cushion.
- The farther a foam is compressed, the harder it pushes back – the higher the pressure and greater the risk of developing a sore.
- This compression strategy ultimately is attempting only to slow the development of pressure sores rather than eliminating pressure points.
- With the Equal gel seat cushion users can sit comfortably and safer for longer.
- The Protector is the ultimate cushion for people seeking serious comfort and pressure relief and who are at medium to high risk of pressure sores.
- BARIATRIC VERSION HAS FOAM SIDE WALLS ….61 CM